Locatie / Location
Uren per week / Hours per week
Dienstverband / Employment typeVast / Permanent
Opleidingsniveau / Education levelHBO/Bachelor
Ervaring / ExperienceSenior
De opdrachtgever / The Client
This fast-growing and innovative business is looking for a Commercial Manager to “partner” their European Director during their ongoing EU expansion. The role is located close to Amsterdam.
The business provides a sustainable and innovative interface between the grower and leading UK retailers. The business has grown from supplying a single product to sourcing globally and supplying both UK and European retailers, always based on their fundamental philosophy – simple, transparent and efficient. They are not dependent on agents or auctions, but have strong ethical and environmental credentials, sourcing products from the world’s most sustainable growers. Quality and innovation are key, from their breeding programmes to supply chain management.
The role of Commercial Manager has overarching responsibility for sales and marketing, the day-to-day functioning of the business (cost analysis, predictions and finance), product development oversight, new market opportunity identification, customer satisfaction and marketing operations management.
Profiel / Profile
- You will be expected to operate as the lead point of contact for EU customer portfolio matters, building and maintaining strong long-term customer relationships and ensuring the timely and successful delivery of products, as well as developing new business with existing clients and/or identifying areas of improvement to exceed sales quotas and with Coordinate Key Events for both sales and client forecasting.
- In relation to product development, you will be expected to conduct competitor reviews to analyse market trends and competition with a view to strategic positioning of prices and product placement, expanding upon existing developments from technical trials with a view to commercialising them into sales, and reviewing trials being undertaken for developments, opportunities and sales follow-up. You should also be able to conduct follow-up and liaison for the company’s products and initiatives.
- In relation to marketing, you will be responsible for researching Trade Fairs and Exhibitions for new opportunities globally, setting up and leading attendance at local and international events
- You will be advising on local and international factors affecting the buying and selling of the company’s products and determining and managing the marketing budget and delivering marketing activity within agreed budget.
- You will also be expected to negotiate client contracts and close agreements to maximize profit, conduct and manage the due diligence process focusing on financials and business volumes.
- You will develop strategic pricing policies in order to develop financial and resource budgets. In addition to this, you should be able to clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders, prepare reports on account status for weekly sales meeting, and forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts).
Functie-eisen / Job requirements
A highly skilled sales person with a business development mind
You will ideally have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sales or other relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of the fresh sector or/and floriculture industry
- Proven commercial and sales experience within the industry, delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Ability to communicate, present and influence effectively across all levels within the organisation
- Client, quality and results oriented mindset
- Team leadership skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to travel extensively both locally and internationally
- Fluency in spoken and written English, German and other EU languages would be very advantageous
- Reliable and socially minded
- Highly motivated in sales
- Flexible with the ability to embrace sudden changes
- Stress resistant
Aanbod / The rewards
A challenging position in a fast growing subsidiary of one of Europe’s leading experts in the fresh produce industry, with plenty of career opportunities. Salary will be based on skills and experience.
Standplaats / location
The location will be near Amsterdam
Extra informatie / Additional information
For more information, please contact Taco van der Louw on +31 (0) 6 53526246
Applications strictly via www.up-up-go.com